This section allows you to obtain copies of all books currently released in Mega Man: The Series. For an expanded book list containing more information on these books, including cover graphics and such, see the Book List (warning: possible spoilers). To view only the book covers, see the covers section.
Books may be obtained as computer files and read online or printed out onto paper. I do not offer hard copies; if you want them printed, you’ll have to print them yourself.
Conditions for downloading material can be found here. Do not download anything if you don’t agree to these conditions.
All books are free. Comments may be sent directly to the author.
Parental Notice: For the most part these books can be considered “For All Ages.” None of them contain swearing, gore, sex, or anything of that nature. On the other hand, they do involve conflict and fighting, and their plots usually revolve around very serious matters such as, oh, say, people dying (almost no one actually does, though). Still, it’s nothing worse than any of Disney’s Animated Classics, so you can think of these books as having the movie rating G.
No link means that book is not yet available.
If one or more of the book files cannot be found (you get a “404: File Not Found” error), e-mail me and let me know so that I can fix them. And please be patient.
Please note that these HTML files are rather large and may take some time to load into your browser.
- Print books directly from your web browser. This will preserve all of their formatting. It even works with my old dot matrix printer.
- If you use a dialup connection and are worried about staying online while reading, note that once a book loads into your browser, it is possible to disconnect and read the book offline.
- When a book has completely loaded, you can also use your browser’s “Save As” feature (in the File menu) to save a copy onto a local drive, if you so desire. If you save it as a text file, you will lose italics but most of the formatting should be intact. If you save as an HTML file (listed as “Source” in some browsers), you can read the book later by opening it with your browser.
- To save a book directly onto disk instead of viewing it first in your browser, click the link with the right mouse button (Mac users, hold down the button) and select “Save Link As” or “Save Target As” from the pop-up menu that appears, if your browser has one. Alternately, try holding down a SHIFT key and clicking on the link (doesn’t work in all browsers).
- Book 13 1/2: Mental Chaos
The sequel to Book 13 that finishes telling the story.
- Mini-Book 0: Transition
Read the incredible tale where Mega Man’s greatest wish comes true...for a span of about three days.
Timeline note: Unlike the other books, this story takes place before Mega Man 4.
- Mini-Book 1: Time Bomb
Mega Man can’t seem to get any rest without Dr. Wily ruining his fun...
- Mini-Book 2: Phobia Foes
What is perhaps Dr. Wily’s most outlandish invention yet turns an outing at the mall into a calamity.
- Mini-Book 3: Trap Storm
What happens when Dr. Wily crashes the Mega Man Expo...and what’s that thing rising into the sky?
- Mini-Book 4: Soul Search
This one is weird. I’ll leave it at that. Read at your own risk, and don’t try to claim I didn’t warn you.
- Mini-Book 5: Treasure Hunt
A bit of a departure from the rest of the series as the entire thing takes place on a ship.
- Mini-Book 6: For Granted
Dr. Light’s in the hospital and Dr. Wily doesn’t mind taking advantage of the situation...
- Mini-Book 7: Armed Threat
This one’s long enough to be a book, but it’s somewhat untraditional...
- Mega Magic 1
- Mega Magic 2
- Mega Magic 3
Mega Man and magic make a very strange mix indeed...
Note: This trilogy is a little dark and a tad unusual compared to the rest of the series.
- Lands of Confusion 1
- Lands of Confusion 2
- Lands of Confusion 3
A long crossover between Mega Man and the series known as Twin Signal with lots of fun and surprises.
Feature author: Hoshikage
- Of Flesh and Steel
Saying anything about this one ahead of time would spoil it. Just read it.
- Day To Live
Takes place immediately after Power Fighters. See the Endings section (Protoman’s ending) for background information.
Warning: Not for the faint at heart. This short story is very serious (the plot centers around two main characters dying, after all) and is not for the timid. Don’t read it if you aren’t prepared with a box of tissues. Don’t say I didn’t warn you.
- Powered Down
A sequel of sorts to Powered Up. This side story occurs late in The Series and contains a few minor spoilers regarding events which haven’t been written yet.
- Mega Man: The Power Battle
A short novelization of the game.
- Mega Man 3
A simple novelization of the game. (Note: this file is currently plain text only.)
- X Dream
Not a part of The Series, but this is a write-up of a strange dream I had once.
Notice: I’ve gotten a lot of heat about this one due to the fact that, seeing that it’s the X series, most of the original series characters die off. Read at your own risk.