Other Games (Again)
September 25, 2008
In between playing Star Force 2 to death and waiting on Mega Man 9, I’ve had a bit of time to play other games. What have I been enjoying? Well, aside from games I mentioned in a previous Musing...
- Phoenix Wright. Hilarious game. The stuff just comes out of nowhere. You know the writers have a sense of humor when even examining the books on a shelf is delightful. Not to mention the characters are memorable and plot is intriguing too (and surprisingly consistent). And you gotta love the OBJECTION! Serious cheers to Capcom on this one.
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2. It’s like Neverwinter Nights, but, well, different. Entertaining characters. Lightsabers. Force Wave. Zappy zappy. Okay, so there’s a lot to like about the game. It’s just a darn shame the cut scene scripts can be buggy and the plot somehow managed to get shredded to near-incomprehension at times. (Yes, I’m late to the party with this one.)
- Halo 3. Run around blowing people up with rocket launchers. What’s not to like? (Plus, I love the friendly NPC AI and commentary that you get when playing campaign mode. Co-op multiplayer mode is cool too.)
- Mario Kart Wii. Not quite as good as the N64 version, but entertaining. I didn’t like the idea of putting them on bikes at first (I mean, it’s Mario Kart!). Then I tried out the Mach Bike and found myself turning straight into walls. I immediately saw the potential and worked to master the crazy turning radius of the bike, and now I can’t go back to karts...
- Soul Calibur 4. Fun game, but seriously, where did the plot go? Do we even know why we’re fighting whomever we happen to fighting most of the time? Not to mention most of the endings for the good guys result in the good guys dying, whereas most of the endings for the bad guys result in the bad guys taking over. Are they trying to tell us something here? (Best ending in the game: Amy’s. It’s a must-see. Of course, it’s even better if you watch Raphael’s first.)
Okay, so it’s no surprise that I never have any free time...
- The MegaMaster